We tested Castopod installation on an OVH Personal Hosting (~3.60€/mo) but it should work anywhere (with php-mysql).
- Download and unzip Castopod's bundle, then upload it to your server.
- Modify your hosting parameters so that root folder points to Castopod's
- Open your favorite web browser. Go to your website. Since Castopod is not configured yet, you should see an error, that's totally fine: Don't panic.
- Go to
/cp-installpage. Follow the instructions:
Note: Use media base URL if you have a CDN for your audio files and/or an external analytics service.
- Enter database information.
- Select the cache system you want to use. (Redis and Memcached are faster but they require additionnal installation and are usually not available on personal hostings.)
- You are almost there, the database and its tables are now created. You just need to create a superadmin user.
- You may now connect to Castopod's admin…
- You are all set. Start podcasting!
To continue, create a podcast in 3mn with Castopod.
Castopod installable package is downloadable here:
This Castopod package contains English 🇺🇸 and French 🇫🇷 versions.
Castopod source files are available here: